Record number of transactions peaked during the summer of 2018
Our portfolio experienced significant change over the past 12 months with the addition of six new businesses and the exit of five. With the right leadership and strategy, we have confidence that each business will continue to grow and generate returns.
These deals illustrate our strength in the marketplace and ability to execute deals quickly when necessary.
Other 2018 highlights include:
– Completed a record number of new investments across 6 sectors located throughout the UK securing over 1,000 jobs from stressed or distressed situations.
– During June and July, we completed 7 transactions – 4 investments and 3 exits.
– Mobilised teams of quality and experienced portfolio operators to respond to an increase in Scottish opportunities with new investments headquartered in Kirkcaldy and Aberdeen.
– All opportunities demanded a swift deal process – the average transaction period was less than 3 weeks and 2 deals completed within 1 week of the first management meeting.
– Successfully completed a number of complex deal structures, both new investments and exits, including: international transactions across multiple jurisdictions, deals involving a range of stakeholders including the involvement of the Pensions Regulator, acquisitions of senior debt, asset purchases from insolvency practitioners, purchase of groups of companies with a number of distinct standalone businesses with different challenges and management teams, and exits of non-core assets with complex transitional service arrangements.
– Achieved 5 exits / partial exits including 2 Management Buy Outs – which concluded Rcapital’s 11-year ownership of The Coaching Academy.
– Our portfolio companies have experienced transformational growth, recognised with awards, and won international contracts.
We expect 2019 to be another busy year, so thank you to everyone we have worked with over the last 12 months and we look forward future opportunities to invest and grow businesses.